Emotional Support Animal Certificate
Get your Emotional Support Animal Certificate without ever leaving your home.
Speak with a certified doctor instantly or schedule an appointment at your convenience to get your Emotional Support Animal Certification today! Heally is the leader in connecting patients with certified doctors via safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant telehealth services. You’re only one appointment away from receiving your Emotional Support Animal certificate. Get started now.
Find Out How to Get an Emotional Support Animal with Heally.
Doctors are available from 8 AM – 10 PM, seven days a week, and you’ll never have to wait for an appointment since everything can be done online — all you need is a cell phone or a computer. See an overview of how we make the process quick and easy.
- Review Qualifying Conditions The first thing you'll need to do is check if you qualify for an emotional support animal. See the list of approved conditions below.
- Register with Heally Fill out our quick intake form to get started with the emotional support animal certification process.
- Visit with Doctor Book your appointment with a certified ESA doctor. You can do this instantly or schedule one at your convenience.
- Receive Your ESA Certification Your appointment will generally be about 15 minutes. The doctor will fill out the required certification form and provide it to you upon completing your application.
How Does Heally Help Get Your ESA Certificate?
If you’re wondering how to get an emotional support animal certificate, Heally is here to help. Just fill out the intake form and a certified doctor on the heally platform will go over your ESA intake form with you. The doctor will evaluate your condition and if approved, you will be able to download your Emotional Support animal certificate instantly. Please note, you will only be charged if approved by the doctor.
Do You Qualify for an Emotional Support Animal?
Only qualifying patients can be prescribed an ESA certificate. Here is the complete list of conditions that qualify. Each individual patient is different, so check your qualifying conditions here.
- Bipolar/mood disorders
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Other emotional/psychological conditions
Process for Getting Your Emotional Support Animal Certification
- Enter your animal’s information to begin registering.
- Heally will allow your doctor to fill out all necessary forms for the online application, as well as any attestation forms.
- Once you’ve acquired all the required documents for your application (including state ID, application fee, patient attestation, and physician certification), you’ll need to fill out the ESA application.
- If approved, your animal will be registered as an Emotional Support Animal in the US National Database for service animals.
- Once approved, you will receive a Photo ID as well as a digital copy.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between an emotional support animal and a service animal?
A service animal is trained to perform specific tasks to assist individuals with disabilities, while an emotional support animal provides comfort and support to individuals with mental or emotional disabilities.
Can an emotional support animal perform tasks like a service animal?
No, emotional support animals are not trained to perform specific tasks like service animals.
Are emotional support animals protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
No, emotional support animals are not protected under the ADA and are not considered service animals
Can emotional support animals accompany their owner in public places?
In general, emotional support animals are not allowed in public places, but there are some exceptions for airplanes and housing.
Are emotional support animals allowed on airplanes?
Under the Air Carrier Access Act, individuals with emotional support animals may be entitled to bring their animal on an aircraft without paying extra fees.
Can an emotional support animal be something other than a dog?
Any animal may be a qualified emotional support animal!
Emotional Support Animal Legalization
The use of ESAs has become increasingly popular in recent years, and many individuals have found that having an ESA can be beneficial for their mental health.
Legalizing ESAs can provide individuals with disabilities with more access to emotional support animals in certain contexts, such as in housing or on airplanes. However, there has been some controversy surrounding the use of ESAs, with some individuals abusing the system by falsely claiming their pets are ESAs in order to gain certain benefits.
As a result, some states and organizations have implemented stricter regulations on the use of ESAs. Overall, ESA legalization is a complex issue that involves balancing the rights of individuals with disabilities with the need to prevent abuse of the system.