Arizona Medical Marijuana Card
Get your Arizona medical card without ever leaving your home.
Speak with a certified doctor instantly or schedule an appointment at your convenience to get your Arizona medical marijuana card today! Heally is the leader in connecting patients with certified doctors via safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant telehealth services. You’re only one appointment away from receiving your Arizona medical marijuana card. Get started now.
Find Out How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona with Heally.
Our certified cannabis doctors are available from 8 AM – 10 PM, seven days a week, and you’ll never have to wait for an appointment since everything can be done online — all you need is a cell phone or a computer. See an overview of how we make the process quick and easy.
- Review Qualifying Conditions The first thing you'll need to do is check if you qualify for a medical marijuana card in Arizona. See the list of approved conditions below.
- Register with Heally Fill out our quick intake form to get started with the Arizona medical card process.
- Visit with Your Medical Marijuana Doctor Book your appointment with a certified medical marijuana doctor. You can do this instantly or schedule one at your convenience.
- Receive Your Arizona Medical Card Your appointment will generally be about 15 minutes. The doctor will fill out the required certification form and provide it to you upon completing your application. The physician will then send your certification to the corresponding AZDOHS address listed in the form.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
How Does Heally Help You Get a Medical Marijuana Card In Arizona?
If you’re wondering how to get a medical marijuana card in Arizona, Heally is here to help. When you register on our website, we’ll assist you in finding a doctor online who is certified by the state of Arizona. Your doctor will evaluate your condition and discuss all the potential treatment options.
The renewal process for your AZ medical card can also be done 100% online.
Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona?
The state of Arizona has approved the following qualifying conditions for their Arizona medical marijuana program. Only qualifying patients can be prescribed an MMJ certificate. Here is the complete list of conditions that the state of Arizona qualifies for an Arizona medical marijuana card in 2022. Each individual patient is different, so check your qualifying conditions here.
- Intractable pain
- hepatitis C
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Crohn's disease
- agitation of Alzheimer's disease
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome.
- Severe and chronic pain.
- Severe nausea.
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy.
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.
Process for Getting Your Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona
- Once a doctor on the Heally platform approves you, you can sit back and relax while we take care of everything! Arizona’s process for obtaining a medical marijuana card is completely online, so there is no paperwork.
- Heally will allow your doctor to fill out all necessary forms for the online application, as well as any attestation forms.
- Once you’ve acquired all the required documents for your application (including state ID, applicant photo, application fee, patient attestation, and physician certification), you’ll need to fill out the medical card application for Arizona on the Arizona Department of Health Services website.
- The patient application portal can be found here.
- Once you are approved, you will receive an automated email stating your approval for the medical marijuana card in Arizona.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take to Get My Medical Card Certificate?
It should take a maximum of 10 days for the AZDHS to review and approve your completed application.
How Much Does It Cost to Get My Arizona Medical Marijuana Card?
The total visit and medical marijuana certification cost $200, which will not be charged if your doctor believes that your online visit failed to meet their standard of care. No hidden fees, no extra cost.
Do I Need a Physical Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona?
As of 2019, there are no physical medical marijuana cards given in Arizona. You will receive an electronic medical marijuana card.
How Much Medical Marijuana Can I Purchase in Arizona?
Patients can purchase up to 2.5 ounces of flower every two weeks in Arizona from licensed dispensaries.
Is It Legal to Get My Medical Card Online in Arizona?
Arizona does not have a set process to get medical marijuana cards, meaning there is no application process. In Arizona, patients must get approved by going through a certified physician.
Does the State of Arizona Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
The state of Arizona does permit medical marijuana reciprocity for qualifying patients who have prescribed MMJ cards from any other state that has a similar registration format to AZ.
What to Do After You Receive Your Arizona Medical Marijuana Card
Located in the heart of the western desert, Arizona is full of beautiful scenery, fun activities, and an abundance of entertainment for everyone to enjoy! Once you’ve had your natural medicines, you’ll certainly have a great time in the wonderful state of Arizona.
Surrounded by some of the nation's most beautiful scenery, Tucson is the perfect place to be once you’ve enjoyed your natural medicines. Visiting the Saguaro National Park, Madera Canyon, and Sabino Canyon are a must if you’re looking to witness the gorgeous views of the desert. If you’re looking for a unique desert-like experience, flying in a hot air balloon in Tucson will surely be a fantastic experience.
Right in the heart of the beautiful desert lies the bustling city of Phoenix. Visiting the desert botanical gardens, Papago park, and Camelback mountain are an absolute must if you’re looking to experience the wonders of the desert. Make sure to stop by Roosevelt Row as well as the many museums in this city to get a glimpse of some of the amazing art throughout Phoenix.
Located directly east of Phoenix, Mesa is a city full of many wonders of its own. Take a kayaking trip down the beautiful Salt River for an unforgettable and stunning adventure. Make sure to take a hike through Usery Mountain Regional Park for a vast variety of scenic views! Whatever you choose to do in Mesa, you’re bound to have a blast!
Arizona Marijuana Legalization
In 2010, the use and possession of medical marijuana for qualifying individuals was legalized in the state of Arizona. Additionally, the use and possession of marijuana for recreational purposes was legalized in 2020. Adults ages 21+ and qualifying patients may purchase marijuana in the forms of flower, pre-roll, edible, tincture, topical, and vape.