Marijuana Card Online
Get your California medical marijuana card online with Heally! The certified cannabis doctors on our platform are available to meet with you virtually from the comfort of your own home. Speak to a doctor today.
Find Out How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card in California
Our certified cannabis doctors are available seven days a week, from 8 AM – 10 PM, and no appointment needed — you’ll be connected to a doctor via cell phone or your computer.
- Review Qualifying ConditionsTo get started, please check the list of approved conditions below to see if you qualify for a medical marijuana card in California.
- Register with HeallyFill out our quick intake form to start the California medical marijuana card process online.
- Consultation with a Medical Marijuana DoctorBook a 15-minute online visit with a certified medical cannabis doctor to get your recommendation. You can schedule an appointment immediately or at a convenient time in the future.
- Download Your California Medical Marijuana Card.Download your California marijuana card recommendation immediately. A physical card will be sent to you in the mail on the same day.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
How Does Heally Help You Get A
California Medical Marijuana Card Online?
California is leading the way in effective cannabis treatments, and Heally is excited to help you get your medical marijuana card in California. Most importantly, we connect you instantly to a doctor online to discuss the issues you face and get professional advice on potential treatment.
The California medical marijuana card renewal process can also be done 100% online.
Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card in California?
Learn more about how to get a medical marijuana card in California by understanding the various conditions cannabis can help with. Unlike opiates and other habit-forming drugs, cannabis is a natural treatment that improves your overall quality of life from a holistic perspective. Cannabis can help California patients with:
Getting Your California Medical Marijuana Card
On January 1, 2018, recreational cannabis was legalized in California. While anyone can buy cannabis in a variety of forms without a medical card, obtaining a California medical marijuana card still has its advantages. At the moment, adults 21 and older can buy and possess up to 28.5 grams of cannabis. With a medical cannabis card, you only need to be 18 years old and are allowed to possess up to 8 ounces through the state’s medical-marijuana program.
Medical cannabis patients in California are also exempt from paying state sales and use taxes. In certain counties, medical cards are still required. Knowing how to get a medical cannabis card in California ensures steady access to your treatment should laws change in the future. What qualifying conditions can be helped with cannabis in California?
Using Your California Medical Marijuana Recommendation
- Download the pdf of your Doctor’s recommendation letter from your Heally patient dashboard.
- Save it to your cell phone.
- You can start using this electronic copy immediately at a licensed medical dispensary*. You will receive a hard copy of your recommendation letter and, if you selected our $59 plan, a ‘Physician Issued’ Heally card in the mail within 7-10 business days.
- *Please note that a recreational dispensary may not accept the electronic recommendation and may require a hard copy letter.
- Once you receive your hard copy recommendation, you can then legally purchase medical marijuana from any licensed dispensary. To purchase medical marijuana, you will need to bring a hard copy of your Heally Doctor’s recommendation letter or your ‘Physician Issued’ Heally card, and a valid form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license, with you to the dispensary.
The state registration is completely optional. This allows you to obtain a “STATE ISSUED” card.
- You will not have to pay sales and use tax when making retail medical marijuana purchases.
- A Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC) identifies you as protected under Proposition 215 and Senate Bill 94.
- An MMIC helps law enforcement identify you as being legally allowed to possess certain amounts of cannabis under specific conditions.
- State cards are sometimes required when traveling to states with reciprocity - check specific state regulations
- These vary from county to county but the maximum you can be charged is $100.
- A 50% fee reduction is issued per card if you are eligible for Medi-Cal.
- Fees are waived for indigent patients who are eligible for and participate in, the Country Medical Services Program.
- This process requires an in-person application at your county office. Forms will need to be completed by the approving provider.
- You will receive an official “State Issued” card, and any dispensary or law enforcement agency can verify your patient number online immediately.
- It is your option to designate a primary caregiver and apply for their identification card at the time you submit your application.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
FAQ for Medical Marijuana Card in California
How Long Does it Take to Get My Medical Marijuana Card?
You will receive an electronic copy of your doctor’s recommendation letter, which can be used at any licensed medical dispensary. The hard copy and your ‘Physician Issued’ card will be mailed to you, and you should receive it within 7-10 business days.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in California?
Your California marijuana card will cost $49 for the year, and you only have to pay if you’re approved by a doctor! The fee covers both the cost of the visit and your medical cannabis ID card. Once certified, patients can shop at their local medical dispensary.
What About Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego?
Yes! Heally helps medical marijuana patients get their cards in any city in California.
Do I Need a Physical Medical Marijuana Card in California?
You can get a physical medical marijuana card, but you can also use the hard copy of your recommendation letter.
How Much Medical Cannabis Can I Possess in California with a Medical Card?
Medical cannabis patients may possess up to 8 ounces of cannabis or concentrates in California. Medical marijuana patients may also possess up to 6 mature plants or 12 immature plants at any given time.
Can I Get My Medical Marijuana Card Online in California?
California medical marijuana cards can be obtained online. All you need to do is visit your patient portal and meet with a certified cannabis doctor to get approved for your medical cannabis card.
What If I Am Not Approved for Medical Cannabis? Do I Have Other Options?
If you are not approved for a medical California marijuana card, there are other options available to you. California has legalized recreational cannabis for adults 21 and older.
Can I Use My Out-of-State Medical Marijuana Card in California?
Yes, California allows for the use of any medical marijuana card from another state.
What to Do After Enjoying Your Natural Medicine:
California has anything and everything you might be looking for! Whether that’s the desert, ocean, mountains, beaches, snow, or cities, you’ll always have something to do once you’ve taken your natural medicine.
One of the most beautiful cities in the world, San Francisco always has something to offer. Take a stroll through Crissy Field and watch a beautiful sunset above the Golden Gate Bridge, a boat tour through the Bay, or a scenic hike alongside the Pacific Ocean. Whatever you choose to do, you won’t be disappointed! Explore the delicious cuisine that the city has to offer, from China Town to North Beach, and all around the Sunset District. Want to explore city life? No problem! Take a walk through the hilly streets of San Francisco to fully immerse yourself in the city’s beauty. Once you decide to use your online California medical marijuana card, you’ll have hundreds of dispensaries to choose from all across the bay!
Los Angeles is home to the bustling streets of Hollywood, stunning beaches, and much more. After enjoying your natural medicine, relish the outdoors and walk around the famous Santa Monica Pier or go on a relaxing hike through the Hollywood Hills. If you’re interested in seeing a breathtaking view, make sure to stop by the Griffith Observatory too! Explore the endless world-famous eateries, museums, theaters, and shops all across the city. While you’re at it, make sure to take your California medical marijuana card to a local dispensary to fully appreciate the city of Los Angeles!
San Diego is the perfect place to relax once you’ve taken your natural medicine. Lounge on the warm beaches and hike the hills to witness breathtaking views. Want to embark on an even greater adventure? No problem, San Diego has it all! Try paragliding at the Torrey Pines Gilderport, an experience you’ll never forget! Make sure to dine in some of San Diego’s wonderful restaurants, and on your way out, stop by some of their local dispensaries!
California Marijuana Legalization
Ever since 1996, when the Compassionate Use Act was passed, medical marijuana in California has been legal for registered patients above the age of 18. As of 2016, the recreational use of cannabis in California has been legal for all people ages 21 and over. Alongside the state's legalization of cannabis for both medical and recreational uses, the state has also implemented laws to ensure that all cannabis products must be tested and safe to use for the public before being sold. Current laws allow people in the state of California to possess 28.5 grams of the cannabis plant and no more than 8 grams of cannabis concentrate. Additionally, patients who have a California marijuana card (or a card issued from another state) are exempt from cannabis sales and use tax resulting in a 15% reduction in price when purchasing medical marijuana from a qualifying dispensary in California. In the state of California, adults ages 21+ and individuals qualifying for medical marijuana can purchase cannabis in the forms of smokable flowers, edibles, tinctures, extracts, pre-rolls, patches, cremes, and plants. You can get a California medical marijuana card online from the comfort of your home!