Colorado Medical Marijuana Card
Get your Colorado medical card without ever leaving your home.
Speak with a certified doctor instantly or schedule an appointment at your convenience to get your Colorado medical marijuana card today! Heally is the leader in connecting patients with certified doctors via safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant telehealth services. You’re only one appointment away from receiving your Colorado medical marijuana card. Get started now.
Find Out How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Colorado with Heally.
Our certified cannabis doctors are available from 8 AM – 10 PM, seven days a week, and you’ll never have to wait for an appointment since everything can be done online — all you need is a cell phone or a computer. See an overview of how we make the process quick and easy.
- Review Qualifying Conditions The first thing you'll need to do is check if you qualify for a medical marijuana card in Colorado. See the list of approved conditions below.
- Register with Heally Fill out our quick intake form to get started with the Colorado medical card process.
- Visit with Your Medical Marijuana Doctor Book your appointment with a certified medical marijuana doctor. You can do this instantly or schedule one at your convenience.
- Receive Your Colorado Medical Marijuana Card Your appointment will generally be about 15 minutes. The doctor will be required to create their own account with the Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry where they can then upload their certification for you. The medical provider will also provide you with a copy of your medical marijuana certification.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
How Does Heally Help You Get a Medical Marijuana Card In Colorado?
If you’re wondering how to get a medical marijuana card in Colorado, Heally is here to help. When you register on our website, we’ll assist you in finding a doctor online who is certified by the state of Colorado. Your doctor will evaluate your condition and discuss all the potential treatment options.
The renewal process for your Colorado medical marijuana card can also be done 100% online.
Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card in Colorado?
The state of Colorado has approved the following qualifying conditions for their Colorado medical marijuana program. Only qualifying patients can be prescribed an MMJ card. Here is the complete list of conditions that the state of Colorado qualifies for a Colorado medical marijuana card in 2022. Each individual patient is different, so check your qualifying conditions here.
Process for Getting Your Medical Marijuana Card in Colorado
- Once a doctor on the Heally platform approves you, you can sit back and relax while we take care of everything! Colorado’s process for obtaining a medical marijuana card is completely online, so there is no paperwork.
- Heally will allow your doctor to fill out all necessary forms for the online application.
- Once you’ve acquired all the required documents for your application (including state ID, applicant photo, application fee, and physician certification), you’ll need to fill out the medical card application for Colorado on the Colorado Department of Public Health website.
- The patient application portal can be found here.
- Once you are approved, you will receive an automated email stating your approval for the medical marijuana card in Colorado.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take to Get My Medical Marijuana Card Certificate?
It should take 1-3 business days for the CDPHE to review and approve your completed application.
How Much Does It Cost to Get My Colorado Medical Marijuana Card?
The total visit and medical marijuana certification cost $200, which will not be charged if your doctor believes that your online visit failed to meet their standard of care. The application fee for new applicants in the state of Colorado is $29.50.
Do I Need a Physical Medical Marijuana Card in Colorado?
No. You will receive an electronic medical marijuana card, which you can access on your applicant portal and print if desired.
How Much Medical Marijuana Can I Purchase in Colorado?
Patients can purchase up to 2 ounces of cannabis in Colorado from licensed dispensaries.
Is It Legal to Get My Medical Card Online in Colorado?
Yes! The entire process can be completed online.
Does the State of Colorado Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
The state of Colorado does not permit medical marijuana reciprocity for qualifying patients who have prescribed MMJ cards from any other state. However, adults ages 21+ may purchase recreational marijuana at a local dispensary in Colorado.
What to Do After You Receive Your Colorado Medical Marijuana Card
Surrounded by beautiful mountains, greenery, and vibrant culture, Colorado is the perfect place to be once you’ve enjoyed your natural medicines. Whether you’re looking to go on a relaxing hike through the stunning mountain meadows or want to spend a night out on the town, Colorado certainly has it all!
Located right at the foot of the rocky mountains, Colorado Springs is a great place to relax after you’ve enjoyed your natural medicines. Make sure to visit the Garden of the Gods Nature Center, Pikes Peak, and the Royal Gorge for an unforgettable experience. Visiting all of the great local eateries and cafes is an absolute must as well!
Surrounded by gorgeous scenery, this metropolitan capital city is a great place to be if you’re seeking the perfect balance of city-life and the outdoors. Visit Mount Evans and the Denver Botanical Gardens to get a glimpse of the natural wonders in this beautiful state. While you’re making your way through this city, stop by some of the many unique museums that Denver has to offer! Whatever you choose to do, you’ll surely have a great time.
This quant western town is certainly a great place to be. Make sure to take a stroll through the beautiful Cherry Creek State Park and visit the Stanley Marketplace for a taste of Aurora. If you’re looking to go on a boat ride, make sure to stop by the Aurora Reservoir as well! Whatever you choose to do in Aurora, you’re bound for a fantastic adventure.
Colorado Marijuana Legalization
Colorado is known for being one of the more marijuana-friendly states in the nation. In 2012, the use and possession of recreational marijuana was legalized for all adults ages 21+. Additionally, medical marijuana was legalized for qualifying patients in 2000. Qualifying patients as well as adults ages 21+ can purchase cannabis in the forms of flower, pre-roll, edible, tincture, oil, concentrate, topical, and vape.
Check Out Our Blog To Learn More About Medical Marijuana Cards in Colorado
Why Get a Medical Card in a Recreationally Legal State?
There are perks to having a medical marijuana card even where cannabis is recreationally legal. Here are a few: