CT Medical Marijuana Card
Get your CT medical card without ever leaving your home.
Want to get your medical marijuana card in CT? Heally can help. Our HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform helps you connect with doctors and get certified for medical marijuana. You’re only a few clicks away from receiving your medical marijuana card. Start your certification process today.
Get Your CT Medical Marijuana Card With Heally
Heally has made it faster and easier than ever to obtain a medical marijuana card. Our easy-to-use platform allows patients to schedule an appointment with medical marijuana doctors in CT any day of the week. You can connect with licensed physicians and get approved for a CT medical card in minutes. Below is an overview of our fast and simple certification process:
- Review Qualifying Conditions Go over the list of qualifying health conditions for medical marijuana below.
- Register with Heally Sign up for a free Heally account and fill out our quick intake form to start your marijuana certification process.
- Connect With Your Marijuana Doctor Book an appointment with a physician at any time of your convenience. You will meet with your doctor online.
- Receive Your Medical Marijuana Certificate After your appointment, you will receive your MMJ certification. You can then apply to the State.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
How Does Heally Help You Get a Medical Marijuana Card in CT?
How does Heally’s marijuana certification work? Once you sign up for a free account on our website, we’ll instantly connect you with a medical marijuana doctor in CT certified by the Connecticut Medical Examining Board.
The doctor will evaluate your health during an online meeting and certify you for medical marijuana. Along with providing certification services, Heally can also help you renew your CT medical card 100% online.
Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card in CT?
Connecticut has specified a list of health conditions that qualify for the State’s medical marijuana program. If you are diagnosed with any of the following debilitating health conditions, you will be eligible for a CT medical card:
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome with Chronic Radiculopathy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Uncontrolled Intractable Seizure Disorder
- Crohn's Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Spasticity or Neuropathic Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Tourette Syndrome
- Neuropathic Facial Pain
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Associated with Chronic Pain
- MALS Syndrome (Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Intractable Neuropathic Pain that Is Unresponsive to Standard Medical Treatments
- Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Irreversible Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia
- Intractable Headache Syndromes
- Chronic Pain of at least 6 months duration
- Severe Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Movement disorders associated with Huntington Disease
- Hydrocephalus with Intractable Headache
- Terminal Illness Requiring End-Of-Life Care
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain Associated with Degenerative Spinal Disorders
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Type 1 and Type II
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Vulvodynia and Vulvar Burning
- Damage to the Nervous Tissue of the Spinal Cord with Objective Neurological Indication of Intractable Spasticity
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Wasting Syndrome
Your CT Medical Marijuana Card State Process
Before you start, have these supporting documents ready:
- One of each of the following forms of identity documentation
- Proof of Residency
- Photo ID
- Heally Physician Certification
- $100 debit or credit card payment (American Express not accepted)
The Application Process:
- Create an account with the DAS Business Network to access the online certification system. Use the following link to register for a free account: https://www.biznet.ct.gov/dcp-mmrp.
- After completing this one-time registration process, you will receive an email to verify your account. Click on the link in the email to verify.
Login using the e-mail address and password
you established during step 1. Once in, follow these steps:
- Select the “I am a Patient” option and the system will prompt you to provide identifying information:
- Date of Birth.
- E-mail Address.
- Review the information provided on the Patient Information webpage to ensure your information is correct.
- Enter the caregiver information at this time if applicable to you.
- Choose the pharmacy you would like to use.
4. Select and either mail or upload one (1) of the following:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residency
- You must read and affirm each statement by selecting “Yes”.
- $100 for patients, $25 for caregivers
There is no mailed physical card. The state
emails a certification within 30 days that will need to
be printed, as it contains a cut-out card that can be used to
- Tip: The state email is generated from: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having difficulty locating the email, check your SPAM and try searching for "DCP".
- 8. Once you have your CT Medical card, you can purchase products from a licensed medical cannabis pharmacy. To buy, you’ll need your medical cannabis card and a valid form of photo ID.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take to Get My CT Medical Marijuana Card?
You will receive your certification right after meeting with a medical marijuana doctor in CT. Once you’re approved by the State, you will get your marijuana card within 30 days.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Connecticut?
It costs $179 to get a medical marijuana card in Connecticut. You only pay when approved for medical marijuana.
Does Heally serve Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, and Hartford?
Heally can help patients get their medical marijuana certificate in any city within the State of Connecticut.
Do I Need a Physical CT Medical Card?
Yes. Once approved by the State of Connecticut, they will email you a certification. You can print the certificate and use it as a physical card.
How Much Medical Marijuana Can I Purchase in Connecticut?
A registered medical marijuana patient can purchase 3.5 ounces per month.
Is It Legal to Get My Medical Card Online in Connecticut?
Yes. Heally and the State of Connecticut’s certification process take place 100% online.
Does the State of Connecticut Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
Connecticut only allows qualified patients who are residents of the State to purchase marijuana from licensed dispensaries. The State does not offer medical marijuana reciprocity.
What to Do After You Receive Your CT Medical Marijuana Card
In the southernmost part of New England lies Connecticut; full of history, beautiful scenery, and very close proximity to the Big Apple. There are endless adventures that you can embark on after getting your CT medical card. Whether you’re interested in learning a bit more about the historic towns in this quaint state or are looking for a relaxing experience in the coastal countryside, Connecticut is the place to be.
Bordering the coast, Bridgeport is a wonderful and quaint city known for its seaport history. Explore this beautiful location by taking a stroll alongside the historic seaport town that Bridgeport once was. Experience this delightful destination by tasting some of their wonderful foods and visiting their famous distilleries. While exploring, make sure to use your CT medical card to stop by some of Bridgeport’s local dispensaries. They’ll have all the natural medicines you may be looking for!
Located right next door to New York City, Stamford is definitely a town worth exploring. There are many activities constantly available such as hiking near Cove Island and the various parks and arboretums, as well as many theaters and museums to enjoy! The breweries located in Stamford are a must-visit as well! To experience this wonderful town by the Big Apple, make sure to stop by some of their local dispensaries.They’d be happy to have you visit!
Home to the beautiful and prestigious Yale University, New Haven is full of charming architecture and fun for the whole family. After meeting with a medical marijuana doctor in CT, taking a stroll through the historic streets of New Haven and exploring the gorgeous Yale campus will certainly not disappoint. Experience the energy of this historically rich, collegiate, and vibrant town by visiting all the local dispensaries, shops, and amazing eateries.
Legalization of Marijuana in Connecticut
The State of Connecticut legalized medical marijuana for patients 18 years or older in 2012. Recently, as of July 2021, the use and possession of recreational marijuana also became legal for adults ages 21 and up. Additionally, if you are a patient who qualifies for a CT medical marijuana card, you are allowed to grow up to 12 plants per household. The State plans to legalize the same policy for adults 21+ starting in 2023.
Since the legalization of recreational cannabis, people in Connecticut can legally possess 1.5 ounces of marijuana at a time. Recreational dispensaries have yet to be licensed and opened; predictions of them opening is late 2022. As a result, individuals are unable to purchase marijuana within Connecticut at this time. However, individuals who have CT medical cards are allowed to purchase marijuana in the forms of edibles, flowers, pre-rolls, tinctures, topicals, extracts, and vape concentrates.
To learn about new marijuana regulations and laws in the State of Connecticut, visit CT.gov.
Check Out Our Blog For More
How to Reapply for a Medical Marijuana Card When Moving States
Before you cross state lines, make sure you know the process of obtaining your next valid medical card.
Newly Legalized States And Where You Can Purchase Cannabis
Our complete list of new states that have recently passed legal cannabis legislation.