Get a marijuana card online in Maryland
Get your MD marijuana card from the comfort of your home.
Do you need a medical marijuana card in Maryland? Heally's HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform connects you with a licensed doctor for medical marijuana in minutes. You’re only a few clicks away from getting your MD medical card. Start your certification process today.
How to get a medical marijuana card in Maryland
Heally offers the fastest and easiest way to get approved for a medical card. Our online platform allows you to schedule a doctor’s appointment at any time of your convenience. Using Heally, you can connect with and get certified for medical marijuana in under 15 minutes. Get an overview of how our quick and easy certification process works:
Check your qualifying conditions in MarylandSkim through the list of qualifying health conditions for medical marijuana below.
Register with Heally to apply for cannabis cardCreate a free Heally account and fill out our quick intake form to start your marijuana certification process.
Visit an online consultation with cannabis doctorBook an appointment with a licensed marijuana physician. You will meet with your doctor online.
Get Your MMJ in MarylandThe doctor will submit your certificate to the State of Maryland. You will receive your MD medical card in days.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
Talk to a Doctor Online Today
Video conference with your certified
physician completely online, from
the comfort of your home.
Book your appointment now!
How does Heally help get MMIC in Maryland
Are you wondering how Heally’s certification process works? Once you create a free account on our website, we will instantly connect you with a doctor certified by the Maryland Board of Physicians.
The doctor will assess your health during an online appointment and approve you for medical marijuana right away. Once you get your MD medical card, Heally can help you renew it 100% online.
Qualifying conditions for getting MMJ card in Maryland
The State of Maryland has specified a handful of health conditions that qualify for medical marijuana. In addition, the State also considers health issues that have not responded to traditional treatments as qualifying conditions for MMJ certification. Below are some disorders that make you eligible for an MD marijuana card in 2022:
- Severe conditions where other medical treatments have been ineffective
- Chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Wasting syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Severe, chronic, or intractable pain
- A medical condition requiring hospice admittance or receiving palliative care
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
State process for obtaining marijuana card in Maryland
Before you start, have these supporting documents ready:
- An email from the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission confirming that your application has been accepted after applying for your MMCC# here. https://onestop.md.gov/public_profiles/601c0fd9f9d7557af267e1e1 . You will need your MMCC number for your appointment.
- A debit or credit card.
- US issued government ID – such as a state-issued driver’s license, state-issued ID card, passport, or military ID.
(2) Proof of address. If identification provided is
NOT a Maryland driver’s license, MVA ID Card, or does
not identify your current address.
- MVA registration card or title, or change of address card.
- Utility, telephone, or cable/satellite TV bill.
- Bank account statement.
- Property tax bill.
- Mortgage statement or proof of home ownership (Deed, Title, Bill of Sale).
- Major credit card bill (Visa, MasterCard, Walmart, Target, etc.).
- Residential rental contract (lease or rental contract between landlord and tenant which includes all signatures).
- Selective Service Card.
- Federal, state, or local government mail issued by the state of Maryland (i.e. Social Security, social services).
- Car insurance policy.
- Pay Stubs (dated within 90 days).
- W-2 statements.
- State of Maryland Health Insurance issued documents (ie. Medicaid, Medicare, Maryland Health Connection.
- An electronic, hi-resolution copy of a clear, recent photo of yourself.
The Application Process:
- Once you have been approved by a Heally physician and provided them with your Maryland patient number, our physician will submit your medical marijuana certification. You do not need to do anything. Our physician will provide all supporting documentation on your behalf to the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
- MMCC will review your application and the certification provided by Heally. They will email you once you have been approved.
- Log back into your existing state account at https://onestop.md.gov/users/sign_in.
- Within this account, you can print your temporary MMCC patient ID card. Your physical card, paid for when you first registered, will be mailed to you within 90 days.
- You can purchase medical cannabis from a licensed Maryland dispensary using your temporary card, with ID, until the physical MD medical card arrives.
- When purchasing medical cannabis at a licensed dispensary, you will be required to present either your permanent or temporary MMCC ID card. The dispensary agent will verify your certification in the Commission’s database before conducting any transaction.
- You may only purchase and obtain a maximum of a thirty-day supply of medical cannabis at one time.
- The State issued card/MMCC# is valid for three years. The approval from the provider must be renewed yearly so you can continue purchasing medication.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
How Long Does it Take to Get My Medical Marijuana Card?
If you’re approved for medical marijuana, the state of Maryland will issue you a temporary MMCC card. Your physical card will be mailed to you within 90 days.
How Much Does a Medical Marijuana Card Cost in Maryland?
Getting certified for an MD medical card costs just $199 per year. You will only pay when approved for medical marijuana.
Does Heally serve Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, and Silver Spring?
Heally can help patients get a medical marijuana card in any city within the State of Maryland.
Do I Need a Physical Medical Marijuana Card in Maryland?
Yes. When you’re approved for medical marijuana, the State of Maryland will send your physical card to you in the mail.
How Much Marijuana Can I Purchase in Maryland with a Medical Card?
Maryland medical marijuana patients can obtain a 30-day supply of cannabis products. This 30-day supply is considered 120 grams of marijuana flower or 36 grams of THC.
Is It Legal to Get My Medical Card Online in Maryland?
It is legal to obtain a medical marijuana certificate online in Maryland. This online certificate will be used to apply for a physical card at the MMCC.
Does the State of Maryland Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
Maryland does not currently offer medical marijuana reciprocity. As a result, out-of-state cardholders cannot purchase marijuana in the state.
What to Do After You Receive Your Maryland Cannabis Card
Home to many sports icons, Maryland has countless places to see and things to do. Don’t miss the serene views of the Chesapeake Bay! Once your holistic medicine begins to kick in, take in the beauty of Maryland and experience all it has to offer.
Gorgeous Baltimore has a wide variety of experiences and activities to offer for everyone in the family to enjoy. If you’re a sports fan, then watching some of Baltimore’s iconic teams in action is an absolute must. If sports aren’t for you, no worries! Explore the streets of this lively city, take a stroll of the Inner Harbor, and visit the acclaimed art museums. There’s always something new to do in Baltimore! To learn more about things to do in Baltimore, visit visitmaryland.com!
Surrounded by nature and the music and arts scene, spending time in Columbia, Maryland, is pure bliss. Explore the lakes and surrounding foliage, then make sure to stop by some of Columbia’s famous distilleries and breweries! While you’re there, visit some of the local dispensaries too. They’d be happy to see you with your newly acquired MD medical card!
This small yet lively town has tons to offer for the whole family. Visit the city’s many markets and stunning orchards for some delicious fresh produce. Explore the streets of this town as you visit the historic shops, theaters, and wonderful eateries.
Marijuana laws in Maryland
The State of Maryland legalized medical marijuana in 2014. Yet sales only began in 2017. Although it is illegal to possess and use marijuana for recreational purposes, House Speaker Jones indicated that if approved by the legislation, the November 2022 general election will ask voters whether they favor the legalization of recreational cannabis for adults.
If the majority votes in favor of the legalization, Maryland will be one step closer to the legalization of marijuana. However, the possession of fewer than 10 grams of marijuana has been decriminalized in this state. Currently, individuals who qualify for an MD medical card can purchase marijuana in the form of flower, pre-rolls, vaporizers, concentrates, tinctures, edibles, and topicals.
Read about medical cannabis cards in Maryland
How To Receive a Medical Cannabis Certification in the State of Maryland
Everything you need to know in order to get your medical marijuana card in Maryland.
The 7 Types of Cannabis Products Available in Maryland
We’re breaking down the seven types of medical cannabis available for purchase in Maryland.
Understanding the Age Requirement Laws for Cannabis
Gain some clarity on state-by-state age requirements for purchasing medical marijuana.
This information was reviewed by Dr. Krasne
Dr. Benjamin Krasne is a board-certified anesthesiologist. After attending the University of Florida, Dr. Ben matriculated to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Krasne completed his residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital in 2017. Since graduating residency Dr. Krasne has worked throughout the United States as a traveling anesthesiologist while providing remote driven out-patient clinical services as well.Last update: 05/17/2023