Speak with a certified doctor instantly or schedule an appointment at your convenience to get your medical marijuana card in New Jersey today! Heally is the leader in connecting patients with certified doctors via safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant telehealth services. You’re only one appointment away from receiving your NJ medical marijuana card. Get started now.
Find Out How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in New Jersey with Heally.
Connect with one of our marijuana doctors who are available from 8 AM – 10 PM, seven days a week. You’ll never have to wait for an appointment since everything can be done online — all you need is a cell phone or a computer. See an overview of how we make the process quick and easy.
- Review Qualifying ConditionsThe first thing you’ll need to do is review the list of conditions for an NJ medical marijuana card.
- Register with HeallyFill out our quick intake form to start the medical marijuana card process in New Jersey.
- Visit with Your Medical Marijuana DoctorBook your appointment with a certified medical marijuana doctor. You can do this instantly or schedule one at your convenience.
- Receive Your NJ Medical Marijuana CardYour appointment will generally be about 15 minutes. The doctor will either mail your certificate to you, submit it to the State of New Jersey, or send it to your pharmacy of choice.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
How Does Heally Help You Get a
Medical Marijuana Card in New Jersey?
If you’re wondering how to get an NJ medical marijuana card, Heally is here to help. When you register on our website, we’ll assist you in finding a doctor online who is certified by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners. Your doctor will evaluate your condition and discuss all the potential treatment options.
The renewal process for your NJ medical marijuana card can also be done 100% online.
Do You Qualify for an NJ Medical Marijuana Card?
The state of New Jersey has approved the following qualifying conditions for their Medical Marijuana Program. Only qualifying patients can be prescribed an MMJ certificate. Here is the complete list of conditions that the state of New Jersey qualifies for a medical marijuana card in 2022. Each individual patient is different, so check your qualifying conditions here.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Chronic pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Intractable skeletal muscular spasticity
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
- Terminal Illness
- Tourette Syndrome
New Jersey State Process for Getting Your Medical Marijuana Card
Heally makes the process of getting your medical marijuana card in New Jersey fast and simple.
Before you begin, have the following supporting documents ready:
- Heally Physician Certification
- Recent Photograph: Must be within 30 days on a plain background with a natural expression. No hats or glasses.
- Government-issued ID: Valid forms of ID include a current NJ Driver’s license, NJ Non-Driver ID, or NJ County ID showing your name and address.
- Proof of Residence: Proof of residence includes correspondence with the IRS or NJ Division of Taxation within the last year, correspondence with the federal, state, or local government within the past 90 days, 3 recent bank statements, or a credit or debit card.
- Register at https://njmmp.nj.gov/ - Make sure to register your reference number within 90 days of your Heally appointment or have your certified health care provider resubmit if too much time has elapsed.
- Enter your information on the Attending Healthcare Practitioner’s Statement
- Fill in all required patient information denoted with a red asterisk
- Enter the Alternative Treatment Center of choice (you can change this later)
- Patients who are registering a caregiver must complete an additional step. The caregiver must provide their information and upload an ID. Any caregivers who are not immediate family members of the patient must also pass a criminal background check by submitting fingerprints.
- The state will then review your application within the next 30 days and notify you via email if you are approved.
- Once you are approved, the state will email you instructions on how to pay the MMP fee. Make sure to have your patient reference number handy, then visit https://njmmp.nj.gov/njmmp/ and click payment. Click submit and fill out the required information, denoted with the red asterisk.
- You will receive your NJ medical marijuana card within 7-10 business days once your payment is processed.
Once you receive your NJ medical marijuana card, you can legally purchase cannabis from an approved dispensary. But if you want to use your medical marijuana card in New Jersey, make sure to have it with you when shopping, along with a photo ID. The certification is valid for 2 years, but providers must rectify every year for a refill.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Get My NJ Medical Marijuana Card Certificate?
Once you are approved for treatment, you will receive a reference number from your healthcare provider with instructions on how to register with the state. Once you submit an application and pay the MMP fee, your application will be reviewed within 30 days. If you are approved, you should receive your NJ medical marijuana card within the next 7 to 10 business days.
How Much Does It Cost to Get My Medical Marijuana Card in New Jersey?
Your card will cost $159, but you will only have to pay if you’re approved by a doctor! You will also have to pay an additional $100 fee to the state.
What About Newark, Paterson, & Jersey City?
Heally helps medical marijuana patients get their certificates in any city in the state of New Jersey.
Do I Need a Physical Medical Marijuana Card in New Jersey?
Yes, you will need a physical medical card to purchase marijuana from an NJ dispensary. You will receive a card in the mail once your application is approved by the state. You should also bring a photo ID with you when you visit the dispensary.
How Much Medical Marijuana Can I Purchase in New Jersey?
Patients and caregivers are allowed to purchase up to 3 ounces in a 30-day period with a medical marijuana card in New Jersey. But it’s up to the authorized healthcare provider to determine the dosage. Patients with a terminal illness are not subject to the maximum limits.
Is It Legal to Get My Medical Marijuana Card Online in New Jersey?
Yes, it is perfectly legal to get your NJ medical marijuana card online. With Heally, you can be approved via our secure, telehealth video platform. Then you simply register with the state of New Jersey and pay the required fee. You will receive your medical marijuana card in the mail.
Does the State of New Jersey Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
Yes, out-of-state patients with a valid medical marijuana card may receive reciprocity for up to 6-months. They can also be certified by a New Jersey Doctor if they wish to extend their stay.
What to Do After You Receive Your NJ Medical Marijuana Card
Just minutes away from the Big Apple and with tons of natural scenery and exciting adventures for all, New Jersey is bound to provide a fantastic time for you and your family.
Known for its rich history and delicious eateries, Newark is filled with an abundance of fun. Explore the historic part of Newark by visiting some of its famous streets, parks, and museums, or enjoy a taste of fine dining at some of the world-renowned restaurants all across the city. Then, take a stroll along the beautiful river shore where you can witness the breathtaking intersection of nature and cityscape. Make sure to visit the local storefronts all over the city…there’s no better way to get to know a place than to explore all the charming shops, markets, cafés, and much more. Don’t forget to also check out the local dispensaries after you receive your NJ medical marijuana card!
Whether you’re looking for a breathtaking view of the New York City skyline or want a relaxing day walking in beautiful parks after getting your New Jersey medical marijuana card, Jersey City certainly has what you’re looking for. Take a calming stroll in the Owen Grundy Park or the Liberty Landing Marina for the whole family to enjoy. Get a real taste of Jersey City by embarking on an adventure Downtown and dining in some of the city’s many wonderful food destinations. Looking for something with a bit more action? Go jet skiing with an amazing view of the Big Apple or watch a show in Jersey City’s historic White Eagle Hall!
With tons of nature, shops, and fun for all, Paterson is the place to be. A must-see in the state of New Jersey is located right in the heart of Paterson itself! Witness the gorgeous Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park and continue your historical tour by visiting Lambert Castle. Roaming the roads alongside the Saddle River County Park is an absolute must if you’re looking for a little escape to nature. Finish off your day of exploration by dining at some of Paterson’s gourmet eateries! If you need to restock your medical marijuana, visit some of the local dispensaries in Paterson, NJ with your newly acquired card!
New Jersey Marijuana Legalization
In 2010, the state of New Jersey legalized the use of medical marijuana for qualifying patients ages 18 years and older. More recently in 2021, after years of debate, the governor of New Jersey signed a bill legalizing the use and possession of recreational marijuana for adults ages 21 and up. Additionally, the governor decriminalized the possession and use of cannabis products for all individuals. These new laws allow people of the legal age to possess up to 6 ounces of marijuana. Given the recent legalization of recreational marijuana in this state, it is expected to take some time for recreational dispensaries to pop up around the state. However, patients with an NJ medical marijuana card can easily access natural treatments in the form of edibles, pre-rolls, flowers, tinctures, vapes, extracts, and topicals.