South Dakota Medical Marijuana Card
Get your South Dakota medical card without ever leaving your home.
Speak with a certified doctor instantly or schedule an appointment at your convenience to get your South Dakota medical marijuana card today! Heally is the leader in connecting patients with certified doctors via safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant telehealth services. You’re only one appointment away from receiving your South Dakota medical marijuana card. Get started now.
Find Out How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in South Dakota with Heally.
Our certified cannabis doctors are available from 8 AM – 10 PM, seven days a week, and you’ll never have to wait for an appointment since everything can be done online — all you need is a cell phone or a computer. See an overview of how we make the process quick and easy.
- Review Qualifying ConditionsThe first thing you'll need to do is check if you qualify for a medical marijuana card in South Dakota. See the list of approved conditions below.
- Register with HeallyFill out our quick intake form to get started with the South Dakota medical card process.
- Visit with Your Medical Marijuana DoctorBook your appointment with a certified medical marijuana doctor. You can do this instantly or schedule one at your convenience.
- Receive Your South Dakota Medical CardYour appointment will generally be about 15 minutes. The doctor will fill out the required certification form and provide it to you online. Upon approval, you will be asked to create an account with the South Dakota Medical Cannabis Program. Once your application has been approved by the South Dakota DOH, your medical marijuana card will be mailed to you.
Hear What Our Patients
Have to Say
How Does Heally Help You Get a Medical Marijuana Card In South Dakota?
If you’re wondering how to get a medical marijuana card in South Dakota, Heally is here to help. When you register on our website, we’ll assist you in finding a doctor online who is certified by the state of South Dakota. Your doctor will evaluate your condition and discuss all the potential treatment options.
The renewal process for your South Dakota medical card can also be done 100% online.
Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card in South Dakota?
The state of South Dakota has approved the following qualifying conditions for their South Dakota medical marijuana program. Only qualifying patients can be prescribed an MMJ certificate. Here is the complete list of conditions that the state of South Dakota qualifies for a South Dakota medical marijuana card in 2022. Each individual patient is different, so check your qualifying conditions here.
Process for Getting Your Medical Marijuana Card in South Dakota
- Once a doctor on the Heally platform approves you, you can sit back and relax while we take care of everything! South Dakota’s process for obtaining a medical marijuana card is completely online, so there is no paperwork.
- Heally will allow your doctor to fill out all necessary forms for the online application, as well as any attestation forms.
- Once you’ve acquired all the required documents for your application (including state ID, applicant photo, application fee, patient attestation, and physician certification), you’ll need to fill out the medical card application for South Dakota on the South Dakota Medical Cannabis Program website.
- The patient application portal can be found here .
- Once you are approved, your South Dakota medical marijuana card will be mailed to you.
Not sure if you qualify? Don't worry, if the doctor does
not approve you, you will get your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Take to Get My Medical Card Certificate?
It should take a maximum of 30 days for the South Dakota Medical Cannabis Program to review and approve your completed application.
How Much Does It Cost to Get My South Dakota Medical Marijuana Card?
The total visit and medical marijuana certification cost $200, which will not be charged if your doctor believes that your online visit failed to meet their standard of care. You will also be charged an application fee of $75.
How Much Medical Marijuana Can I Purchase in South Dakota?
Patients can possess up to 3 ounces of medical marijuana in South Dakota.
Is It Legal to Get My Medical Card Online in South Dakota?
Yes, the process can be done fully online.
Does the State of South Dakota Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
The state of South Dakota does NOT permit medical marijuana reciprocity for qualifying patients who have prescribed MMJ cards from any other state.
What to Do After You Receive Your South Dakota Medical Marijuana Card
Located in the heart of the beautiful midwest, there’s tons to do in the glorious state of South Dakota. Once you’ve enjoyed your natural medicines, make sure to explore the natural wonders as well as amazing food spots throughout this state!
Known as the largest city in South Dakota, there’s always tons to do in Sioux Falls for all to enjoy. Make sure to embark on the renowned food tour in Downtown Sioux Falls, as well as explore the stunning waterfalls. Whether you decide to go on a waterfall adventure or take a stroll through the quaint downtown, you will surely have a blast in this gorgeous town!
Badlands National Park
The beautiful Badlands National Park is considered to be a hidden gem in the Midwest. Take a hike through the stunning rock formations in the Badlands, witness the abundance of wildlife, and stargaze the clear night skies in this beautiful national park. You’re bound to have an exceptional time in the gorgeous Badlands!
Whether you’re just visiting South Dakota or are currently living there, seeing Mount Rushmore is an absolute must! Located in the Black Hills region of South Dakota, the massive rock structure of Mount Rushmore is certainly a sight to see.
South Dakota Marijuana Legalization
As of July 2021, the use and possession of medical marijuana was legalized in the state of South Dakota. However, recreational marijuana remains illegal in South Dakota. Qualifying patients may purchase medical marijuana in the form of flower.