If you are experiencing challenges in your sexual health and wellness, you’re not alone. In fact, the majority of people report dissatisfaction with their sex lives. The good news is, you don’t just have to live with it! There are many natural and holistic treatments available that can help you to achieve greater sexual satisfaction and wellness, and one of those alternatives is CBD. CBD and sex can be the combination you need to improve your sex life.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound found in the cannabis plant that does not cause a person to feel “high.” CBD offers numerous potential health benefits for the body—including an increase in libido function.
Health Benefits of CBD
One of the potential health benefits of CBD is its anti-anxiety properties. One common sexual concern is performance anxiety; CBD can assist in alleviating that. Anxiety can affect anyone, so identifying a natural way of combating the issue is a must.
How CBD and Sex Work
The human body contains endocannabinoid receptor sites. These sites are where the CBD molecules attach themselves to activate them, acting as an antidepressant and mood stabilizer. These receptor sites are located in the organs that produce sex hormones, as well as in the reproductive organs themselves, connecting CBD and sex.
The cannabis Sativa plant, which is the part of the plant from which both marijuana and CBD are derived, has been known to assist with many sexual issues, including:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) – CBD helps relieve ED by relaxing the blood vessels and promoting blood flow, which helps promote longer-lasting sex and greater satisfaction for both partners. Relieving ED can also alleviate performance anxiety, allowing CBD to further promote more carefree sex.
- Inadequate lubrication – Many women suffer from a lack of lubrication, especially as they get older, which can be due to changes in their hormones.
- CBD comes in topicals that can be applied to help assist with a lack of lubrication.
- Topical CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties, further benefiting the body and alleviating some hormonal concerns.
- Low sex drive – A 2017 study showed that CBD enhanced the production of prolactin, which increases sex drive.
- According to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, there is a direct correlation between the circulating endocannabinoid levels and sexual arousal in women. Increased sex drive can help overcome discrepancies in the sexual desire of two partners, allowing both to achieve a more fulfilling sex life.
How CBD and Sex Affect the Brain
The main control panel regarding sex drive is located in a part of the brain called the hypothalamus. A recent scientific study showed that CBD affected cerebral blood flow, which improved cognitive and overall brain function, including the mood. CBD performance anxiety solutions can help you feel confident and happy, which is vital to a healthy sex life.
How to Incorporate CBD and Sex Effectively
- Consuming CBD edibles before sex to promote more fulfilling sex
- Applying a CBD massage oil as foreplay
- Using CBD lubricants to reduce dryness and enhance pleasure
- Administering CBD oil before sex to reduce anxiety and boost sensation
At Heally, we offer a vast array of CBD products to heighten arousal and promote sexual health. We know there’s an important connection between CBD and sex that allows many people to achieve more fulfilling sex lives. We believe in treating the root cause of ailments using natural products. We also provide convenience and ease with one-on-one, HIPAA-compliant online appointments with doctors to help you identify what supplements are right for you.
We are just a click away, so sign up and get started on your path to sexual health and wellness today!