Independent lab testing, also known as third-party testing, is imperative when it comes to the manufacturing of CBD products. The testing process will disclose valuable information on the ingredients contained in supplements, ensuring quality control of CBD products.
Independent Lab Testing – Planting the Seed for Safety
When it comes to the cannabis industry, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not have any oversight or regulation, so companies have a significant prerogative in manufacturing their products. Many companies opt not to have independent lab testing done because they do not want anyone dictating what they can and cannot sell; however, a company like Heally puts customer safety above anything else when it comes to their CBD products.
Benefits of Independent Lab Testing
- Having a neutral and unbiased source to examine the cannabis product will ensure that the CBD manufacturing is providing the finest, purest, and healthiest cannabis supplement available.
- A third-party test also provides vital information such as cannabinoid profiles, which disclose the exact percentages of CBD in the supplement.
- Different percentages of CBD may benefit specific ailments, such as anxiety or pain management, so having this information helps the customer to determine the right strain for your needs.
- Without independent lab testing, the customer would have no way of knowing exactly what ingredients are found in the product they are purchasing.
There are many health benefits of CBD, which cover a wide range of ailments. Having the proper testing will provide an increased sense of safety and comfort to the customer.
What Independent Lab Testing Entails
Third-party testing provides CBD information that includes all aspects of what is in the product, including:
- Potency – Since there are other cannabinoids besides CBD found in cannabis, testing for the strength of the product is essential.
- All CBD products are legally required to contain less than 0.3% THC
- Terpenes – These are the compounds that produce the color and flavor of the product.
- There are many health benefits for terpenes, which can help increase the therapeutic qualities of the CBD product.
- Pesticides – These make sure the final product does not contain harmful pesticides, which can cause unwanted side effects, is important to hold CBD manufacturing to account and to protect consumers.
- Herbicides and insecticides are often used in conventionally-farmed hemp products.
- Bacteria – Having mold or harmful pathogens on the product could also lead to adverse side effects, which can be avoided with third-party tested CBD manufacturing.
- Residual solvents – Solvents are sometimes used when plant material is turned into oil and CBD is extracted.
- High concentrations of solvents can lead to unsafe products that could be volatile, posing health risks to consumers.
- Heavy metals – testing for heavy metals such as mercury, lead, arsenic, and cadmium, which exist naturally in the soil in trace amounts, will ensure that the CBD product is safe.
There is a vast array of CBD products available today, which include hemp CBD oil tinctures, edibles, and topicals, as well as many others, including CBD for pets. With all the options that are now available, why not get CBD information from a company that has taken the steps needed to ensure the safety of its customers through third-party testing?
When it comes to CBD quality control, an ethical company will be transparent about its CBD manufacturing processes and will supply lab testing information. Email us or talk to an expert about getting the highest-quality third-party tested CBD products available online today!
Medical marijuana aka. cannabis should be used under the direction of a licensed healthcare provider. This site is intended for adults and legal medical marijuana patients and contains links to products we sell on our marketplace.
How does Heally work?
Creating an account is easy, free, and safe in our HIPAA compliant platform. Visit with a doctor from the comfort of your home or on the go using your cell phone or computer. No appointment is necessary. If the physician thinks cannabis is right for your health and wellness goals, they will discuss treatment options and will grant you a downloadable certification document. Heally’s Telehealth platform currently serves California, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, and Ohio with medical recommendations. Please note there’s no charge if the doctor doesn’t believe the video visit meets her or his standard of care. If you do not live in a medically legal state and would like access to CBD products, visit the CBD Marketplace. We ship CBD products nationwide without a doctor’s recommendation. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com