Typical ways to provide your body with vitamins would be through food consumption and taking multivitamins. But, there are other ways to feed your body these essentials. There are many benefits of IV vitamin therapy, and here is why:
IV therapy is a fast and easy way to provide your body with vitamins and nutrients as they are administered directly into your bloodstream. One of the benefits of IV therapy is being able to receive vitamins based on your body’s needs. Vitamins are one of the essential aspects of being a healthy human. Vitamins perform a large variety of roles in your body. For example, helping heal wounds, improving your immune system, healing cellular damage, and much more. Different vitamins are also good sources of preventing health issues such as blindness (lack of Vitamin A), scurvy (lack of Vitamin C), weak teeth, rickets (lack of Vitamin D), and weak bones (lack of Vitamins D, K, magnesium, and zinc). With that said, what are the benefits of IV vitamin therapy?
Benefits of IV vitamin therapy: Vitamin D
When some say they lack Vitamin D, they typically think that they need to sit in the sun. But sometimes, one may not have hours to sit in the sun or other factors that limit them. Therefore, one may have to endure the benefits of Vitamin D through Vitamin D IV vitamin therapy. Someone over the age of one is recommended to intake 10 micrograms, which is 1,000 times smaller than a milligram, while babies younger than one-year-old are recommended to intake around 8.5 micrograms. It is advised that if you do not receive a sufficient amount of Vitamin D, it is recommended to inquire with your provider whether Vitamin D IV therapy may be beneficial for you.
Vitamin D IV therapy is beneficial to your health as it regulates how much calcium and phosphate are in your body. For this reason, a healthy amount of Vitamin D is beneficial in order to keep your bones, muscles, and teeth strong and healthy. Without sufficient Vitamin D, one, especially children, may develop rickets, which weakens the bones.
Additional beneficial sources of Vitamin D to combine with your Vitamin D IV therapy:
- fish with high oil content, such as salmon or sardines
- egg yolk
- breakfast cereals
- fatty spreads, such as peanut or almond butter
- red meat
Benefits of IV vitamin therapy: Vitamin C
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid, which is naturally sourced from citrus fruits, potatoes, berries, spinach, broccoli, and many more foods! But, if one may have limited access to these or allergies, one may try receiving their dosage of Vitamin C through IV vitamin therapy. It is recommended that adult males should intake 90 milligrams and adult females 75 milligrams daily. Vitamin C is an extremely important aspect of your health as it is essential for the formation of cartilage, muscles, collagen, and blood vessels in your bones.
People with Vitamin C deficiency may be smokers or exposed to smoke, do not include many fruits or vegetables in their diet, or have gastrointestinal issues. Hence, it is important to maintain a balanced amount of Vitamin C, as it may cause scurvy, which may cause poor wound healing, bloody gums, bruising, or anemia. On the other hand, too much Vitamin C intake may cause nausea, heartburn, vomiting, stomach cramps, bloating, fatigue, insomnia, and headaches.
Health benefits of Vitamin C IV therapy:
- Jantoven– High dosage of Vitamin C will limit your response
- Estrogen– Vitamin C may increase your estrogen
- Aluminum– Increases intake of aluminum that may be in other medications one is taking
- Statins and niacin– With Vitamin C intake, the effects of statins and niacin, may help reduce cholesterol.
Benefits of IV vitamin therapy: B-Complex
One of the common ingredients in IV vitamin therapy is B-Complex, which is a combination of different vitamins.
This combination includes the following vitamins:
- B9 (folic acid)- B9 may help prevent cancer risk, birth defects, and helps keep homocysteine at bay. The recommended daily dose for females and males is 400 micrograms.
- B7 (biotin)- B7 helps keep your liver, hair, skin, eyes, nervous system, and nails healthy. The recommended daily dose for females and males is 30 micrograms.
- B12(cobalamin)-B12 is beneficial for your brain function, production of red blood cells, and tissue health. The recommended daily dose for females and males is 2.4 milligrams.
- B6(pyridoxine)- B6 helps your metabolism and nervous system. The recommended daily dose for females is 1.3 milligrams and 16 milligrams for males.
- B2(riboflavin)- B2 helps your body form red blood cells as well as support other cell functions that provide you energy. The recommended daily dose for females is 1.1 milligrams and 1.3 milligrams for males.
- B5(pantothenic acid)- B5 is beneficial for the nervous system, the skin, eyes, hair, blood cells, stress hormones, and much more. The recommended daily dose for females and males is 5 milligrams.
- B3(niacin)- B3 may help ease cholesterol and arthritis, and boost brain function. The recommended daily dose for females is 14 milligrams and 16 milligrams for males.
- B1(thiamine)- B1 is needed for proper tissue function. The recommended daily dose for females is 1.1 milligrams and 1.2 milligrams for males.
Signs of deficiency of Vitamin B-Complex include skin rashes, fatigue, abdominal cramps, confusion, and more. Additionally, a deficiency in Vitamin B-Complex increases your risk of anemia, infections, digestive issues, infections, skin conditions, and peripheral neuropathy. Moreover, if you are pregnant, over the age of 50, vegetarian, have chronic health issues, or take long-term medications, consult a homeopath to see if it is right for you.
Other benefits received via IV vitamin therapy
- Vitamin A
- …and much more! Ask your IV vitamin therapy provider for more information.
If you want to know IV drip therapy’s additional benefits, click here.