Recreational marijuana has yet to become legalized in Montana, though you may apply for a medical marijuana card. The ever-changing Montana Medical Marijuana Act was passed in 2004. Due to an increase in medical marijuana users, the state has made it increasingly difficult to obtain a medical marijuana card. With a medical marijuana card, you’ll be able to possess up to one ounce of usable marijuana as well as eight grams of concentrate, 8ml of vape cartridges, or 800mg of THC in edibles. Additionally, one may possess up to 4 mature plants, 4 seedlings, and the amount of usable marijuana allowed by the department by rule.
Qualifying conditions for a medical marijuana card in Montana:
- Crohn’s disease
- Epilepsy or an intractable seizure disorder
- Intractable nausea or vomiting
- Painful peripheral neuropathy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic pain that is persistent pain of severe intensity that significantly interferes with daily activities as documented by the patient’s treating physician
- Admittance into hospice care in accordance with rules adopted by the department
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Central nervous system disorder resulting in chronic, painful spasticity or muscle spasms
A quick guide to obtaining a MMJ card in Montana:
There are three basic steps to getting a Montana medical marijuana card.
- Determine Your Eligibility: You’ll need to meet basic eligibility requirements to apply, including having a qualifying condition.
- Meet with a Physician: You’ll need a recommendation for medical cannabis signed by a licensed physician.
- Submit Your Application: Complete and submit the Montana Medical Marijuana Program Application Form, along with your payment and supporting documentation.
Top dispensaries in Montana:
Cannabis Connection, Bozeman-
Cannabis Connection is located at 618 W Griffin Dr. Suite E in Bozeman. The owner Lenny Brown was one of the first people in Montana to become a medical provider. The dispensary carries the strains blueberry, god bud, grand daddy purps, medicine man, sour diesel, silver tip, nightcap, chem dawg, blue dream, lemon haze, deep kush, and king’s blood, with descriptions of all.
Euphoria Wellness, multiple locations-
Euphoria Wellness has locations at 616 South Higgins Ave in Missoula, 128 Birch St in Hamilton, 818 S Montana St in Butte, and 303 Shepard Trail Unit #8 in Bozeman. You may order online from a product list ranging from flower,pre-rolls, concentrates, edibles, and CBD. They even grow their own products!
If you would like to learn more about obtaining a medical marijuana card in Montana, click here.