As of February 2022, Mississippi’s governor approved medical marijuana! Though, there are no Mississippi medical marijuana dispensaries yet, as licensing approvals are only beginning in July 2022. It is not entirely known how it will fledge out yet, but what we do know is that Mississippi will be a state that honors Medical Marijuana Reciprocity after 45 days of being within the state and they must apply through the government site.
Here are the qualifying conditions for a Mississippi medical marijuana card:
- agitation of dementia
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- pain refractory to appropriate opioid management
- diabetic/peripheral neuropathy
- spinal cord disease or severe injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
- muscular dystrophy
- spastic quadriplegia
- positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- ulcerative colitis
- sickle-cell anemia
- Alzheimer’s disease
- severe and persistent muscle spasms including, but not limited to, those characteristics of multiple sclerosis
- cachexia or wasting syndrome
- chronic pain
- severe or intractable nausea
FAQ on Mississippi medical marijuana:
What type of business license can I acquire?
The seven types of licenses in Mississippi are Waste Disposal, Processor/Wholesaler, Transporter (local freight), Transporter (long distance), Cultivator/Grower, Dispensary, and Testing Facility.
How do I apply for a license?
First, register with the Medical Cannabis Portal. Second, select a starting application type. Third, verify your portal registration. Lastly, Start your application.
When will I be able to apply for a medical marijuana card in Mississippi?
There is no set date, but it should be in the Summer of 2022.
At what age can I apply for a medical marijuana card?
The age is technically 21, but a minor can apply with parent or guardian approval.
Can I possess a gun and a medical marijuana card?
No, due to marijuana currently being federally illegal this is not allowed.
Where can I smoke medical marijuana?
It is only allowed in private residences and is not permitted to be consumed in your vehicle.
Want to connect to a doctor who can prescribe you medical marijuana? Click here.