In 2007, New Mexico became the 12th state to legalize medical cannabis. In New Mexico, one may purchase and possess up to eight ounces of flower, which is considered a 90-day supply. If you are interested, you may apply for a Personal Production Licence (PPL), which would allow you to cultivate your own cannabis. If you do not meet the qualifying conditions (see below), your medical provider may petition to the Medical Advisory Board to add it to the list.
Qualifying conditions for New Mexico medical marijuana card:
- Lewy Body Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe Anorexia/Cachexia
- Severe Chronic Pain
- Spasmodic Torticollis (Cervical Dystonia)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Crohn’s Disease
- Damage to the Nervous Tissue of the Spinal Cord (with an objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity)
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder
- Friedreich’s Ataxia
- Hepatitis C Infection currently receiving antiviral therapy
- Hospice Care
- Huntington’s disease
- Inclusion Body Myositis
- Inflammatory Autoimmune-mediated Arthritis
- Intractable Nausea/Vomiting
A quick guide to MMJ in New Mexico:
There are three basic steps to getting a medical marijuana card in New Mexico:
- Check Your Eligibility: New Mexico’s list of qualifying conditions is expansive. Check the list to determine if you qualify for the MMJ program.
- Contact a Physician: You’ll need a signed physician’s statement from a doctor licensed to practice medicine in the state. Heally can connect you with a licensed physician.
- Complete Your Application: Complete the process by submitting an official patient application to become a medical marijuana patient.
Top MMJ dispensaries in New Mexico:
R. Greenleaf, multiple locations-
R. Greenleaf is located at 4414 Menaul Blvd., 5201 Ouray NW Suite C, 4014 Central Ave. SE, 10250 Cottonwood Park Dr. NW, 9821 Montgomery Blvd. in Albuquerque, and many more! Keep in mind they have locations in other states! R. Greenleaf carries a wide variety of products such as edibles, flower, concentrates, tinctures, and more!
Fruit of the Earth Organics, Santa Fe-
Fruit of the Earth Organics is located at 901 Early St. in Santa Fe. Their product list contains seeds, tinctures, topicals, edibles, flower, vapes, concentrates, and pre-rolls. The list of strains is updated daily. They also have a CBD and More Store, that does not require a medical marijuana card.
To learn more about New Mexico medical marijuana card information, click here.